Founded in 1997 by Engr. Obinna Egbuka, Youth Enhancement Organization is a registered indigenous and success driven NGO affiliated with the United Nations and other international development partners and established with the mandate to partner with communities, governments and development partners to bring about accelerated and sustainable development in our communities.
With a dedicated and passionate team of over 25 members, 140 professional volunteers, support groups, partners and consultants whose work, experience, passion, commitment and contributions have given us an enviable edge over other NGOs and partners among others. Together with our team we work with our target group to create a virile population by building inter-linkages between our target group and existing opportunities in life, creating and transforming the perceptions of our target group for sustainable development. The Youth Enhancement Organization is a member of World Association of Non-Governmental Organizations and has a Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations.
We have implemented various interventions and development projects in some states in Nigeria namely Imo, Abia, Anambra, Akwa-Ibom, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Enugu, and Rivers States among others with impressive support from our development partners which include the World Bank Group, Global Fund, UNICEF, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), British Council, State Agencies for the Control of HIV/AIDS (SACA), Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), Embassy of the United States of America, Federal Government of Nigeria, Imo State Government, Federal University of Technology Owerri, Action Aid Nigeria, and Society for Family Health among others.
THEMATIC AREAS OF INTERVENTION
Our thematic areas of focus include Health Care Delivery, Agriculture; Human Rights, Democracy and Good Governance; Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH); Leadership & Entrepreneurship Development; Skill Acquisition and Vocational Skills Development; Project Management, Implementation & Evidence Based Monitoring & Evaluation; Youth & Women Development, Community and Infrastructural Development, Unemployment & Job Creation, Training & Capacity Development; Data Management & Support System, Safe Motherhood, Orphans & Vulnerable Children intervention, Food & Nutrition, Advocacy, Environment & Climate Change, Micro Credit, Small & Medium Scale Enterprises, Finance Management and Economic Development, Research and Strategy; Organizational Development and Institutional Strengthening; Organized Crimes, Drugs and Narcotics; Sustainable Development Initiatives; Renewable Energy, and Power Generation among others.
Children, Women, Youth, Men, Elderly, Physically Challenged, Widows, Orphans, Girl-child, Internally Displaced and Vulnerable Persons, Institutions and Organizations among others
OUR STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES
1. To develop and implement programmes and projects that will improve the lifestyle and livelihood of children, women, youth, men, elderly, physically challenged, widows, orphans, girl-child, internally displaced and vulnerable persons;
2. To develop, implement, fund and manage programmes or projects within our thematic focus which include Health Care Delivery, Agriculture; Human Rights, Democracy and Good Governance; Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH); Leadership & Entrepreneurship Development; Skill Acquisition and Vocational Skills Development; Project Management, Implementation & Evidence Based Monitoring & Evaluation; Youth & Women Development, Community and Infrastructural Development, Unemployment & Job Creation, Training & Capacity Development; Data Management & Support System.
3. To develop, implement, fund and manage programmes or projects within our thematic focus which include Safe Motherhood, Orphans & Vulnerable Children intervention, Food & Nutrition, Advocacy, Environment & Climate Change, Micro Credit, Small & Medium Scale Enterprises, Finance Management and Economic Development, Research and Strategy; Organizational Development and Institutional Strengthening; Organized Crimes, Drugs and Narcotics; Sustainable Development Initiatives; Renewable Energy, and Power Generation among others which include areas of future thematic intervention.
4. To establish, run and manage orphanages; old peoples’ homes; child development and support centres; hospitals; schools; rehabilitation centres; welfare and care support centres; print media, television and radio stations in support of our social development initiatives;
5. To partner and collaborate with communities; governments; individuals; corporate organizations and other development partners in programmes and projects aimed at achieving sustainable development;
6. To purchase, lease, manage, hire or otherwise acquire properties; proprietary rights and privileges; construct, maintain and alter any building structure in any manner as may be necessary or convenient for the promotion of our Organizational goal;
7. To borrow or raise funds; accept legacies, grants and donations or gifts upon such terms and securities (if any) as may be fit and necessary in the achievement of our Organizational goal;
8. To incorporate counterpart funding; fundraising; income generating activities; and endowment fund as operational mechanism that foster our Organizational independence and self-sustainability;
9. To carry out programmes, activities and projects in conformity with the charter of the United Nations, European Union and other international Organizations as our Organization may deem necessary to associate, affiliate, partner or collaborate with;
To achieve the objectives outlined above, the Organization may do any or all of the following:
(a) Undertake or engage in consultancies; researches; investigations; reporting and publications; and other promotional activities;
(b) Organize capacity building trainings and programmes; seminars; public lectures; public presentations; public hearings and debates; workshops; conferences; talk shows and other similar activities geared towards education and awareness creation;
(c) Collect and receive funds which includes membership fees, contributions, donations, affiliation fees, subscriptions, legacies, royalties, endowments, loans, grants, rents, dividends, shares, securities, charges, commissions, trading, leases, gifts or property of any description, etc.;
(d) Assist, partner, support and/or sponsor any organization, body or institution in programmes or activities which share similar objectives with our Organization;
(e) Establish and manage institutions such as educational; medical, research, financial, vocational & skill development centres, media outfits, corporative, etc.;
(f) Execute projects; run consultancies; act as organizational representatives; import and export; engage in general service provisions, supplies, constructions, printing, publishing; undertake haulage, logistics supports and event management;and any other area the Organization may deem necessary for generating income towards actualizing our Organizational goal;
(g) Register and establish this Organization anywhere that the Board of Trustees may consider necessary in achieving our Organizational goal;
(h) Undertake all or any of the above, alone or in conjunction or affiliation or collaboration with anybody, group, institution, partner, Organization, center that shares same objectives or goals with our Organization.
A world where equal opportunities and advancement is open to all persons and communities to realize their potentials.
Through partnerships and collaboration, we bring sustainable development to all persons and communities
To be the best innovative and impact driven development Organization in Nigeria by the year 2024, the best in Africa by the year in 2029 and the best in the World by the year 2040